This month, my shared topic with my best friend is “beauty regimen”. I knew that I have a simple one but after writing it down.. what regimen??? I realize that all I have is a simple routine so people don’t have nightmares after seeing me… hehehe. So..
DISCLAIMER: These are just things I do to be clean and presentable and look less like a wrinkly old woman (naks! woman daw…). I am in no way knowledgeable about beauty rituals or products or beauty in general.
*I made cartoons for pictures to help you get through this post 🙂
My weekday mornings starts with negotiations with the alarm clock (beauty sleep is important you alarm clock you!!!).
I set my alarm for 7:15 am but because I have the power of “swipe to snooze”, I’m usually awake around 7:25 am. Sometimes I extend to a whopping 5 minutes more if our comfortable bed just won’t let me go. After a few second of limb stretching, I’m up and off to the shower.
Shower is just the regular soap and shampoo. When I’m in the mood (or not late), I use conditioner. This rarely happens though.. so frizzy-dry-fluffy hair for the win! yay! (I very recently had my hair rebonded so this is not a problem now :)). I also use an antibacterial facial wash in the shower.
After drying with a towel, I move on to the sink and gargle with Listerine…
Then apply the following things:
- body lotion – I have a lot of these. I usually get them as gifts during christmas and other occasions so I don’t really have a fixed brand I use.
- pimple gel – sebamed pimple gel. I use this only if there is a need.
- lipbalm – mary kay lip balm.
- facial moisturizer – cetaphil.
- sunscreen – belo sunscreen which I bought the last time we went to Philippines.
If its a workday, I dress up for work then slap some color to cover that anemic look I have in the morning.
After getting my face colored in, I put Vitress on my hair and blow dry it just so its not damp and sticky while I travel to work. Then… tada!!! Pede na pangontra sa ipis!
I do the same things during the weekend, except that I wake up much later, around 9-ish and if I’m staying at home, I sometimes skip the shower part.. hehehehehe 😀
Before going to sleep, I do a facial scrub twice a week (if I don’t forget) . Then wash my face with antibacterial facial wash which I have to leave on for 3 minutes. Whatever I do to my face, I also do it to my neck to keep them in the same skin tone.
While waiting for the 3 minute mark, I brush my teeth. If I had a deliciously smelly dinner, I gargle with Listerine then sometimes I floss.
After all of the teeth pimping, I rinse off the facial wash and pat dry my face. Then I apply the following potions:
- toner – I’ve been using eskinol since I was in highschool.
- pimple gel
- lip balm
- eye serum (if I don’t forget)
Then I say my prayers and sink into our bed and I’m off to peaceful oblivion.
There are also other stuff I subject myself to once in a while:
I also go for facials and hair treatments once in a blue moon.
Aside from all of these there are also other free things that I practice.
- eating healthy – I am slowly integrating vegetables and fruits to my meals. This needs more practice for me though.
- be active – I try to sweat it out a few times in a week, not to loose weight but just to give my heart some pumping exercise. Sometimes I play just dance in Gio’s xbox or I do this workout that gives me all over body ache afterwards. I started doing this just this year and I have noticed that my endurance have increased.
- think positive – thinking positive and always looking for that one good thing in an undesirable situation helps with the wrinkles ;).
Yes, that’s all of it! Nothing really grand or expensive. I use to have a much simpler routine before – dove soap and eskinol. But now, haayyy.. age does things to you that keeps you on your toes. Nobody wants to be losyang!